The character of affairs of the organization shall be the wise and
sustainable use of water resources in and around the Show Low Creek
Watershed (HUC 1502000501) through:
- Water Quality and Quantity Maintenance and Enhancement
- Point and non-point pollution best management processes
- Terrestrial and Aquatic wildlife management and improvement
- Invasive species prevention, management, eradication
- Sustainable recreation and Tourism opportunities enhancement
- Ecosystem preservation and restoration
The goals and objectives of the Organization shall be:
Watershed Education and Outreach:
- Broaden elected officials and citizens' knowledge and encourage their active participation in proactively
solving watershed issues.
- Enhance networking, communication, education, technology transfer and sharing of watershed-related
information among individuals, agencies, organizations and other stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a Watershed Management Plan.
- Maintain and improve measurable water quality.
- Increase opportunities for conservation and multiple use of existing water resources.
- Promote diverse, stable and productive fish and wildlife habitats in the watershed.
- Promote protection for sensitive, threatened and endangered native species.
- Support initiatives to enhance aquatic, wetland, rangeland and forest health.
- Promote sustainable economic growth based on our natural resources.
- Enhance economic viability within the watershed.
- Promote sustainable recreation and tourism opportunities and quality of life.